Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cheerleader bag with pom-poms






My first Cheerleader bag! What do you think? I made this for a little girl who is a cheerleader for a local private school. Her mom liked my ballet bag as previously posted, but requested a cheer bag. Well, what would replace the tulle from the ballet bag was the question? I purchased this material from our local fabric stop, it has a metallic finish which reminded me of pom-poms and it doesn't fray or ravel when cut. Little did I know, that many hours of hand sorting and sewing would go into this bag-it will be an original! HA! Too much time involved for such a small bag. However, I thought it turned out really cute. The pom-poms remind me of the real things. The applique was a metallic megaphone monogrammed with the school initials and the back was the name of the little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment